Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Edge Effects



Brush Effect -
May 7th 2010, 5:56 PM, F/9, 1/250, Layton Utah, Canon Powershot SD 780 IS -
For this photo I converted it to a smart filter and used the Fresco Filter to give it a painted look.  I made the brush size 2, brush detail 8 and texture 1.  I then deleted the photo and brought out the white background color.  I used the history brush tool to bring the picture back.  The thick brush I used was the last brush at 453 pixels.  I went from side to side to get a good brushed on effect on the photo.




Double Fade Border - June 6th 2010, 7:31PM, F/3.2, 1/30, Rexburg, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD 780 IS - I really loved the way this photo turned out so I pretty much just left it the way it us, just using auto tone and contrast to edit the photo.  To get this border I reduced the picture so I didn't have to crop it too much.  I matched the color of one of the bulbs for the canvas extension to add some variety to the background border.  I also chose to go as small as possible in my borders because I did it on another picture and went a little too big and it ended up looking not too great.  This border looks awesome!  



3 comments:

  1. I like that you gave it a painted look it added to the picture. I would have made the border match the flower, but it looks great. My favorite is the double border, with the transparency of the second border. You did a great job with these edits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these borders. But I really like the second one. I like how you did two borders. It matches the flowers so well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job having the border and backgrounds match the picture itself. Great job.

    ReplyDelete