Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Photolusion

 The Wind is Blowing - June 21st 2010, 8:07 PM, F/4.0, 1/160, Rexburg, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD 780 IS


For this picture I posed my friends far apart from each other.   One I had hold out her hand and the other one I had act crazy.  My camera didn't focus as well as I would have liked but I think the picture turned out pretty good.  I made minimal edits, just doing auto tone, color, and contrast and brightening the picture to 29.

Flower Ring -
June 19th 2010, 1:59 PM, F/9, 1/160, Logan, Utah, Canon Powershot SD 780 IS
I took this lovely photo of a rose outside of my friend's brother's house.

Ring-
June 21st 2010, 9:47 PM, F/3.2, 1/160. Rexburg, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD 780 IS
I really liked the way my ring looked and thought it looked like the inside of a flower.  So I took a picture of it.
To start off I tried to match the color of the flower to my ring.  Then I used the quick select tool and dragged the ring over to the flower, and then sized it and placed it in the middle of the flower.  I then played with the settings to make it so it wasn't so bright and it looked like it had a shadow on it.   I toned down the brightness and contrast on just that layer.  Then I flattened the image and used auto tone, contrast, and color.

2 comments:

  1. The straight photolusion you have looked more realistic if you used a higher aperture number so the background could be sharper. But it's a good idea. You did a good job with the edited one. You can't really tell that the ring was added to the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your flower with the ring in it. It looks like it belongs there. You must have spent some time getting it to look just right. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete