Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Photobook Template




I started off with the template that was provided to us.  I didn't like the brown color that was there originally, so I used the replace color tool to change it to a shade of turquoise that I liked.  I saved the settings and used it to change the other page.  I also didn't like the font that was included in the template, so I downloaded a new font on dafont.com.  I then had some troubles getting the photos to fit in the frame.  I was so frustrated because I couldn't resize the pictures.  One of my friends who is a photoshop genius happened to stop by my office while I was doing this.  It was a miracle!  He showed me a different way to do it.  He said I should first resize them using the free transform tool.  Then with the transform tool to rotate it to the same angle as the frame.   Then he used the polygonal lasso tool to trace the frame.  He then placed the traced shape over the photo and selected the inverse.  Then he went to edit clear to cut the photo out.  Then you move it on top of the frame and voila!  A perfect cut out photo.  I love it!

3 comments:

  1. I like the color you chose as for the background. It compliments your photos really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! You should get up in class and show everyone! I also love that you customized it to fit your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could totally see this on a wall of a college girl. its a nicely done. well done.

    ReplyDelete