Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Week in Photos


Wednesday - June 2, 2010, 7:52 PM, F/3.2, 1/320, Denver, CO, Canon Powershot SD780 IS

I was driving downtown with my friend and decided to take a picture of these lights in Larimer square.  I used auto tone, color, and contrast, and then I changed the exposure to +1.71 because the photo was underexposed.



Thursday - June 3, 2010, 9:48 PM, F/3.2, 1/10, Englewood, CO, Canon Powershot SD780 IS

I was finished with a fireside and decided it would cool to take a shot of the trees with the light shining through.  To edit it I just used the auto color, tone, and contrast to change the colors a bit.



Friday - June 4, 2010,  9:48 PM, F/3.2, 1/20, Rexburg, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD780 IS

My roommate was eating ice cream with twix and I thought it would be cool to take a picture of it.  I used the macro mode to get the detail in the front and blur the back a bit.  To edit it I changed the levels to the increase contrast 3 in the drop down menu.


Saturday - June 5, 2010, 6:38 PM, F/3.2, 1/10, Rexburg Idaho, Canon Powershot SD780 IS

I took this picture of my necklaces because I thought it looked cool.  To edit it I used  the HDR tool in photoshop and changed the edge glow to 126 px, the strength to 2.75, the exposure to +1.43, and the highlight to -41%.



Sunday - June 6, 2010, 7:25 PM, F/5.8, 1/100, Rexburg, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD780 IS

I took a walk on Sunday night and I saw these cones lined up by my apartment complex.  I thought it would be cool to take a picture of such a bright color against a gray sky.  To edit it I opened the curves and drew an S and then smoothed it out until it looked good.


Monday - June 7, 2010, 10:55 PM, F/3.2, 1/10, Rexburg, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD780 IS

I took a picture of some of the decorations in my apartment.  I played with different angles and this was the best one that I got.  It was underexposed, so I changed the exposure to +2.69.  Then I increased the vibrance to 74.  





Tuesday - June 8, 2010, 10:59 AM, F/9, 1/80, Rexburg, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD780 IS

On my walk to school I saw a tree with gorgeous flowers on it.  I used the macro mode to get some good bokeh.  To edit it I changed the levels to Increase Contrast 3 in the dropdown menu.  




3 comments:

  1. These are great shots! I like the variety that you have. Plus the composition of them all is great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your image of the cones by your apartment... they make a great statement and I love that they are slightly crooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the night shot of the tree and the light is very nice. not to dark or light. I bet you were happy when it came out. night shots can be tricky well. done

    ReplyDelete