Monday, May 31, 2010

Editing Portraits






Match Color - 
5/31/2010, 12:29 PM, F/5.0, 1/15, Layton, Utah, Canon Powershot SD780 IS
I took a picture that I really liked of my cousin, but I didn't turn on my flash so it was underexposed.  I really liked the color of a picture I took outside of my other cousin, so I opened them both in Photoshop, and used the Match Color tool to replicate the color in the outside picture.  I then increased the Luminance to 114 and the color intensity to 155.








Retouch - 
5/31/2010, 3:47 PM, F/3.2, 1/30, Layton Utah, Canon Powershot SD780 IS
I decided to take a picture of my cousin who had a dirty face after eating a hot dog.  I shot it using the auto feature on my camera.  I used the spot healing brush to do the retouches on the right side of the face.  It did really well covering up the little spots that were there.  On the left side I used the healing brush tool, sampling pixels around the part that I wanted to fix.  It took awhile to finally get it right.  I didn't make any other edits than retouching so the retouches would be easier to see.




Replace Color -
5/31/2010, 4:17 PM, F/5.8, 1/160, Layton Utah, Canon Powershot SD780 IS
I took this picture of my cousin on the swing using the auto feature on my camera.  I like the shovel she was holding, but I wished it matched.  Well good thing I know how to change the color!  I selected it using the quick select tool, then I went into the color replace tool and put the fuzziness at the highest level, and then changed it to a pink that matched her shirt.  Perfect!



4 comments:

  1. Great job on your match color! It worked out really well. There is an easier way to do the match color and it gets a lot more variety in the color you are selecting. Still did a good job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the edits. I liked the match color, becuase it made the final version look so much better. Also nice job on the face for the touch up photograph. Great use of the spot healing brush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The match color was my favorite too.. i've got a few underexposed shots that i really liked, but there's not much color in them after i do levels. I never would have thought to get it back that way! I'm gonna use that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to agree, the match color turned out great. I really like the picture with the big grin, good portrait!

    ReplyDelete