Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Macro Abstract


Jars -
5/21/2010, 9:28 AM, F/4.5, 1/80, Dubois, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD780 IS
I found these jars in the abandoned warehouse we went to.  I used the macro mode to get a good shallow depth.


Branches -
5/21/2010, 10:13 AM, F/4.5, 1/125, Dubois, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD780 (S
Outside of the haunted house there were many creepy looking trees.  I thought they would make a good texture shot so I took a picture of them in macro mode.


Blend -
In order to put these two together, I took the branches picture and selected the midtones in color range selector.  I then laid it on top of the picture of the jars.  After adjusting the settings I decided on the overlay setting with the opacity set at 76% to give it a good dusty looking feel.  Then I used black paint to paint around the jars, so the background would not have the texture on it and just the jars would. 

1 comment:

  1. Sarah I really liked the blend you made with the trees and the bottles. Seriously looks like there are crazy bacteria or something in them. Totally makes the jars look dirtier and older. awesome!

    ReplyDelete