Monday, May 31, 2010

Portraits


Little C -
5/31/2010, 2:43 PM, F/4.0, 1/500, Layton Utah, Canon Powershot SD780 IS
For this shot I went outside while my cousins were playing.  My cousin bet that I couldn't take a picture of him while he was running.  He stopped and looked at the camera and I snapped this portrait of him.  When I edited it, I cropped the photo, then used auto color, auto tone, and auto contrast.  I then changed the vibrancy to 78 to get the rosy color on his cheeks to show up more in the photo.


Hats -
5/31/2010, 3:46 PM, F/4.0, 1/30, Layton Utah, Canon Powershot SD780 IS
My cousins were playing fireman and I asked them to pose for a photo and this is what I got.  I used auto tone, color, and contrast at first.  Then I messed around with the HDR settings in Photoshop.  I used the Edge Glow with a  radius of 138 px, and a strength of 3.25.  Then I messed with the tone and detail settings.  I changed the exposure to -1.09, the detail to +44, the shadow to +74.  Then I changed the color to +50 and the saturation to +20. 

 
Group Portrait -
5/31/2010, 2:49 PM, F/4.0, 1/125, Layton Utah, Canon Powershot SD780 IS
This was a hard shot to get.  Trying to get two three year olds and a six year old to smile and look at the camera at the same time is not an easy task.  I didn't center the picture well when I took it, so I cropped it and used auto tone, auto contrast, and auto color.  Then I changed the vibrancy to 80.


Environmental Portrait - 
5/31/2010, 4:17 PM, F/5.8, 1/160, Layton, Utah, Canon Powershot SD780 IS
My cousin was swinging out on the swing so I thought this would be a perfect time to get my enviornmental shot.  I opened it and used the auto contrast, color, and tone.  Then I changed the vibrancy to 60.  Then I converted it to a smart layer to use different filters on it.  I chose Diffuse Glow - Graininess 6, Glow amount 6, Clear Amount 15.




4 comments:

  1. Great portrait shots. I really liked the cropping you did in your group portrait, it really brought the focus to them and eliminated a lot of the distracting background. Great shots keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice portrait photographs. The cropping that you did and choose really inhanced the images. It gave them more depth and it really helped the eye flow across the frame. Nice Work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, kids can be really easy or really hard to photograph. One comment on the first shot- the face and the lighting are great, but the location is kinda odd. the wheel behind him seems out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the hats picture. It is fun and really portrays a child's environment. I also like that you cropped the photo with the group, and the colors on the girls shirt looks really bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete