Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flex Edits




5/9/2010, Layton, Utah, f5.0, 1/160, Canon Powershot SD 780 IS
I took a picture of a black swan. The swan didn't appear as black in the picture as I would have liked so in order to make it look more black I applied an adjustment with the screen setting to make everything lighter, and then I painted over the swan with black paint to revert it to the original and make the swan more black and stand out. I also cropped the picture a bit.





5/9/2010, Layton, Utah, f9.0,1/250, Canon Powershot SD 780 IS
I took a picture of a preschool that I found interesting with two red doors. I converted it to a smart layer and then messed around. In the end I chose the cutout filter from the artistic group and the grain - speckled filter.

4 comments:

  1. Your flexible edits look pretty good! Your house one kind of caught me off guard. It looked like the top one was blown out and that the bottom was the one you corrected or something. My mistake. However, it does look good with the effects you applied. I guess I usually try and stay away from the blown out look and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the editing you did on the house. I like how bright the doors look. And the swan definitely stands out more but I think you could've used a different filter to make him stand out even more. I'm not sure which one though. But really good job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice edits to your pictures. The swan's color is brought out and looks good. I think sometimes you might get to washed out if you get too much white, but it looks like you didn't go to far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cropping you did in the swan picture. The black ones definitely stands out more in the edited picture. The School does seem really bright, but I like how the filter looks like it's drawn- something that happens a lot in schools.

    ReplyDelete