Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Camera Raw

5/16/2010, 6;14 P.M., F/4.5, 1/800, Franklin, Idaho, Canon Powershot SD780 IS
My roommate and I were driving home from Logan when I decided to snap some pictures.  The first thing I did when I opened the picture in Camera Raw was straighten it because I took it at a wonky angle.  I increased the vibrance to 63 and reduced the brightness by 3.  I used the white balance tool to see what it would do and it made it vintage looking. 



Here it is in Camera Raw:



Here it is, unedited.

4 comments:

  1. good job on making the angle a little better, and balancing the the colors. I like the added warmth as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was definitely an interesting looking building. I like how you did add some saturation and color back into a flat building. I think that the sky is lacking a little bit, but the building looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I don't really like the composition, but you did a great job with the edits. The adjustments makes the picture pop out more. You're very good at describing your edits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, that is SUCH an improvement in the picture!! RAW works miracles, doesn't it?! good job twisting the picture. I played around with that in RAW a bit, but couldn't quite figure out how to work it. So good job!

    ReplyDelete